A non-action packed book is going to bore your readers to death! 😦 That’s not what I or you want, I’m guessing…right? Don’t worry, let me explain myself before you exit this page.
Now, you may be saying, “You’re wrong. Books don’t need action to sell.”
That’s not what I mean. There are different types of action. I can just hear some of you sayin’, “Whaaa?” Let me explain. XD
Pride and Prejudice is full of action. How? I’ll give you a list (you know I love lists)
- There’s drama action. Mr. Darcy did what? How could he? How could Elizabeth do that? Why can’t she ever listen and not jump to conclusions so quickly?!
- There’s suspenseful action. What will happen between Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth? Will they ever reconcile?
- Then there’s what I call conclusive action. Finally! Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth are together. But, Wickham and Kitty? Wow. Did not see that coming.
Daddy Long-Legs by Jean Webster is full of action.
- There’s mysterious action. Who is Daddy Long-Legs and why is he helping Jerusha (cool name, right?)?
- There’s everyday action. Did that really happen to Jerusha? Did she really do that?
So, you see, there are other types of action. I’m just saying find your action and roll with it! My action is what you think when I say Rocky. Fighting, yelling, punching, etc.
What’s yours? 🙂
(I like making people think 😀 )