People write books in many different ways and settings. Some like solitude, some like it with others.
So, how do I write? I’ll give you at least ten examples. There many be more if I can think of any. 🙂
How I Write:
- In a journal on my bed with my dog at my feet.
- At the table with my family.
- While listening to music. This is only when I can’t concentrate.
- In complete silence. Only me, my thoughts, and I.
- While watching a movie…sometimes.
- On the porch in the shade.
- With my cat sitting in my lap as I type on my computer.
- With snacks. 😉
- After having a sudden inspiration for my characters.
- Chillin’ on the couch with my computer/journal…with snacks. XD
- Writing with my friends.
Okay, so there was eleven ways. But…that really didn’t answer the question, did it? So, here’s my real answer.
I write in deep POV (Point Of View), which is usually the main character’s point of view. I write quickly, but I go back and reread it multiple times to make sure I didn’t miss anything. I make sure all my characters are in character. They can’t have a sudden personality change. I make sure all my chapters are under 8 pages long. If they’re too long, the reader will lose interest.
If I do change POV, then I add three to four hashtags or *. I make sure the plot makes sense. I get rid of any weasel words (words I put in sentences I really don’t need such as “that”). I make sure I add at least one plot twist to capture the readers attention and imagination.
🙂 I think that answers the question…don’t you? I hope you enjoyed and, if you’re writing a book, maybe it can help.