If you’re a teenager like me or maybe you have a teenager who loves books, then you’re probably always curious as to what a good read is. Allow me to help. I’ve read a ton of books (okay, maybe not a ton…but a lot). I think you could classify my room as a library. Taking a quote from one of my favorite authors, Jane Austen, I always find that a good book is always too short. I think most of you would agree. 😉
So, what are a few good books to read? Allow me to compile a list….
Teen Fiction Adventure Books:
- Redwall by Brian Jacques. This is a great series of about ten books (not counting other series he has) consisting of animals and their Redwall abbey. I got my inspiration to write The FBI Chronicles from Mr. Jacques. A great series no matter what age you are.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Where are my Austen fans?? No matter if you’re a teenager or an adult, every girl needs to read this book. Actually, not just girls. Guys out there, if you want to know what your girlfriend means by, “You need to be more like Darcy,” or “You’re so much like Wickham,” then you should read this book. It is a hard read at first (I first read it a couple years ago after watching the movie with Kiera Knightly), but once you reread it, it makes so much more sense. I highly recommend this book.
- Another oldie, but a good one is North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. If you’re not an Austen fan, then this is another good book that is very similar to P&P.
- The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. I’m a huge Lord of the Rings fan and this is a must. Though someday my tastes may change, it is not this day (any Lord of the Rings fan will catch that pun). I’ve found that this is always a good book to go back to a reread. Though Lord of the Rings may have been replaced by P&P as best movie of all time, it will forever be one of my favorites.
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. Another good book series and movie series.
- The FBI Chronicles …me! 😉
Now, though I listed those under Teen Fiction Adventure Books, they are good for tweens or adults. So, enjoy this list. Grab a book, a cup of cocoa or coffee and curl up on the couch!
(Picture courtesy of…me. Yes, I took that picture. I take most of the pictures, though some are courtesy of WordPress. 😀 )